View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 04:32 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Thats not what he said ..thats what you heard him Say Hell that would of been great if just said it like you did no issue But no he cant even articulate the simplest of messages with any nuance

This seem to a reoccurring trend with Trump he clearly say's one thing and then others translate for the rest of what he really said or his real meaning Trump speaks like a fortune cookie

"you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it.”

AKA not strong if you cant handle it...

not saying he said that with malice intent . But come on
I didn't hear him say anything. I posted his entire quote. If I got it from an inaccurate source, OK...but if that is the whole, entire quote, there's nothing there that insults me. He has said plenty of things that no one can deny were rotten (I can't believe he survived making fun of Carly Fiorina's face), but this? I don't see it. And I'm not a blind Trump apologist as you have seen.

"AKA not strong if you cant handle it... "

You are the one hearing things that he didn't say.

He said some guys can handle it, some can't. Maybe that sounds callous and dismissive of those he describes as unable to handle it. But he didn't say those who can't are weak. He said we are obligated to help them, and that we are falling short of that obligation today. I don't see ho what can be taken any other way. He didn't say he could handle it and they are weak because they can't.

"he clearly say's one thing and then others translate for the rest"

Again, you seem to be the one who translated what he said, implying that he's saying those who were damaged, are "weak". I didn't see him say that anywhere, and if he did, I would ask you to post it.

If all he said is that "some can't handle it". Well, he could have used more sympathetic language I guess...But I would argue that what he said, is irrefutably true.

Thanks for your other post about the trucks. Sincerely...