View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #13
Mokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
You got lots of good answers here already, if it were me, I would go the route FrankR was heading and shim the lip in place. remember, you are just test swimming it, not fishing it. If you were test fishing it and did not want to put it in with epoxy, drill a 1/16" hole thru the body and lip from under and lock it in place. I do that anyway since the thrashing fish is just gonna knock the lip out anyway if just glued.
Yeah I do, lol. Glad I asked here. What I'm going to do is actually take this advice and apply it to few different plugs I am learning. I guess the 1st year you build, you get all excited and try cranking out stuf and rush to hurry and try them to see what happens and you're really building and learning so many things it all gets muddled.

I think this is the year I slow way down. Take everything I've been taught thus far, and build a bunch of new protos it spend a day on the lake just testing. Now that I can make stuff, I can actually try some new ideas and use my past experience to move forward.

I don't think everything needs tweaking, but with some of the learning curve be lessened, I can understand what's going on better now I hope.
Mokes is offline   Reply With Quote