Thread: 1A
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 06:07 PM   #18
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If it really mattered to you the 1a the below could have been a possible response

When a sitting US president attacks the operation of Private Companies Attacking people - even crackpots - in the media and twitter and industry yes, that IS an attack on 1A. They subtlety might have been lost here, FB and Apple did not impact 1A but when the POTUS calls for it it is an attack on Free Speech and the 1A.

Sorry I am not the one having issues spotting the difference I see clearly you feel the senator comments are more concerning to you then the POTUS litany of comments against the free press

I would think you would be able to spot the difference.. really ? you used disturbing for both Trump and the press another false equivalence

Trumps treatment overall of the Press is disturbing. The Press' use of BIAS as disturbing

But than again Conservatives think Money doesn't restrict free speech rather money equals speech

Trumps treatment of the press is disturbing. The Press's treatment of the truth is suspect at best and it's wielding of Bias is unacceptable. I am sorry you are not unable to separate the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I can't recall a single thing Sarandon has ever said. Not saying she hasn't been nutty but off of my radar. As for MM, he's dabbled in conspiracy but most of his stuff is in your face activism. He's a blip that surfaces time and time again but nothing like the consistent crazy you get from AJ and SH who have big daily audiences.

Vox and Slate may be liberal but they're not conspiracy driven.

I've said this many times but the left doesn't have 1/10th of the disinformation machine that the right does. It's not even close.

When it is the Right wing they are nuts, when it is Progressives it is Activism ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
There’s a reason the highly educated are usually liberals. :hi hi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And don't forget why many remain in Academia or are working at Starbucks ; )

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: