View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #14
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Mark my words. You think it's out of control now. Wait until he rushes National Health Care through under the disguise of the The Swine Flu crisis. It will happen, another big emergency that we have to over respond to because of Bush. Another imperfect Bill that no one had time to read. Oh, what the hell, He's trying
I hope you're sitting down.

I somewhat agree - in principle, not specifics though.

I'm concerned this situation (which I believe is being blown way out of proportion) will present the opportunity for *Congress* to push through some garbage legislation. I hope it doesn't happen, but we will only see.

I certainly do not like that the first death in the US was a Mexican; I hope it doesn't set a precedent for there to be more boarder jumpers. One major issue I the Dems and I disagree on is providing free health care to non-US citizens. Last thing we need are a bunch of illegals coming to this country to get top-rate care on my dime.

The response should be:
"You don't have any identification and cannot speak English? I'm sorry but you'll have to wait until everyone else is taken care of first."