View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 04:59 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Gonna run up the BS flag on you here. First you need to back up your answer with facts about how student loans and their forgiveness directly enrich colleges. I am sure you can come up with bullet proof documentation... And secondly, let's pull the name of the kid's landscaping business and the town he is in. I will put money down that he got a PPP loan, and maybe two, since forgiven, that would be twice what i made during those two years. Tell me how that loan was more deserving please....
call back all you want.

government-backed loans are a huge boon to colleges. The college has absolutely zero risk because they get their money up front.

economics 101. cheap money makes prices higher.

this will make it way worse. kids will
assume future loans will
be transferred away from
them, so why not take out a stupid loan?

i don’t have documentation. it’s common sense. if students were forced to rely on savings, colleges would be forced to lower prices.

you can’t win this one with logic. because there isn’t any to support it. it’s a vote buying transfer of wealth that will benefit affluent people
far more than it will benefit poor people.

business owners were victims of ( it turns out) stupid state governments shutting down the economy. the business owners didn’t choose to shut down the economy

your kids chose to take out the loans. big, big difference.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device