Thread: Fishing reports
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #125
Rockfish9

Two words...

Much better... I left the dock at 6:30 as the incoming tide made it's last push.. water temp was 65 at the top of the tide... storms to the north and south made me decide to stay close to home...I turned out to be a good choice..
I fished a section of the river I call the swirl.. this stretch of river runs tight to the marsh... numerous creeks and back waters feed into the river here... this time of year large ( and small ) bass will gather in the mouth of the creeks as they enter the main river thus creating numerous eddies or "swirls" they pick off passing herring and shad drops as the tumble bye... I notices the dinner plate sized swirls indication there were at least little guy's in attendance. Picking off "rain bait" as it drifted bye.. not wanting to play in the kiddie pool I wrangled on of the largest eels in the bucket... this thing was half as fat and equally as long as my arm...it landed with a loud splash when it hit the water... 2 turns of the handle and it got thumped... I set the hook and finally.. a fish that could pull some drag... the scenario played out 9 times until the tide was half way down... all the fish were in the 18 - 22 lb range not giants but at least respectable... these fish were rust brown with yellow bellies and quite chubby... obviously living up river somewhere where there was plenty of food...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote