View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
mosholu
Mosholu

Upfront disclosure: I am an Arsenal supporter.
Chelsea looks great so far but they do not play any one of quality until Man City and the end of the month.
The season is barely three weeks old and the injuries are starting to take their toll around the league but especially at Arsenal. Both Walcott and Von Persie out for at least four weeks will really hurt the goal production. On the positive side Arshavin and Chamak will get all the playing time they need to show they can contribute on a consistent basis. Man City has lost Balotelli and Spurs lost Defoe for a few weeks as well.
I am happy to see Newcastle playing well because they have a very devoted fan base and deserve better than what they have gotten over the last few years. Same with Portsmouth, but I am afraid their race is run and they are headed further down.
Liverpool are in a rebuilding year and I think Hodgeson will sort them out by the second half of the year to keep them in the top ten.
Interesting that Dempsey seems to be out of favor with Mark Hughes, if so he should move in January as there are many teams in the EPL that would be happy to give him first team football.
Finally, it is insanity Mr. Numbskull to ever think that Spurs will finish above Arsenal.
mosholu is offline   Reply With Quote