View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
mosholu
Mosholu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Profiling may not be the politically correct method, but it sure as hell would be the most efficient.

The chances that a white guy driving an Audi SUV is and illegal is a whole lot less than a van filled with 6 people that don't speak English. Not to mention, illegals that are driving more than likely don't have car insurance - something that puts ever other person on the road at risk.

I can't imagine it would be overly difficult to also check immigration status during the the 15 minutes they are back there in their cruiser making me wonder if I'm getting a ticket or not.
You do not know whether they do not speak English until you stop them which is the problem. The causation of the the stop is the issue. If someone has make a traffic violation I think I agree with most of the other poster that you should have the ability to check their immigration status. If you are going to stop them because they look like illegals i.e. hispanic or asian where does it stop. Can police pull over and stop Italians or people who look Italian because the Mafia is all Italian.
That being said I would not mind having a citizen id card issued like the passport card. This way there would be no excuse by employers for saying they were not able to effectively check who they were hiring. Anyone who hires an illegal should pay treble the current fines.