View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
Cool Beans

Very good points there Dadfisherman.
I recently retired from the navy in the IT field and rest assured, all of these things are already implemented on our networks. With the exception of the recert of the techs, I know some that got certified 5 or 6 years ago and haven't recertified. But all traffic to and from is monitored by the security on site as well as a third party company hired to monitor traffic and maintain security. Every email to and from the base can be intercepted, and all traffic is monitored closely. So I think the use of Federal agencies, Government contractors and others deemed appropriate is where the hole lies. Almost every coorperation in the US have contracts with the government, ie. McDonald's and Burger King are both government contractors. Maybe I'm seeing the boogie man in the closet, but I think there is enough gray areas, to allow almost everything to be included their definitions.

Like I said you make a lot of good points, but I've seen alot of it already employed on base, not sure about the private contractor side though......