View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheHole View Post
It's one of the biggest scams around, I pay you for insurance in case something bad happens, most of us pay for a long time with no claims, something happens, I fight to get the right amount for the damage, I have to pay an additional deductible on top of the money I already spent on coverage, then they raise my rates because I used a service that I have paid for ?
But what do I know, I am just one of the misguided, middle class, who doesn't get the big picture.
If you're lucky, they'll raise your rates. One of my friends had the same insurer for 30 years. Made one claim for water damage after a skylight failed during a winter noreaster. After the claim was processed, his insurer dumped him, and he got dropped into the unFAIR plan. Just like the rest of us in all of Barnstable County who live in a "coastal flood/high wind" zone.

Insurance regulation is a joke--when private companies can get away with red-lining an entire county, no matter how far inland one might live, why even bother having regulators?

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote