Thread: Let's start
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 02:50 PM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No, a normal person wouldn’t feel guilty about doing well in the market, because despite what liberals tend to believe, his success in the market, isn’t causing anyone else to fail. Why should
he feel guilty if he is better at investing than someone else?

If soros does better in the stock market than i do, that’s one thing. soros collaborating with Nazis, is a wee bit different.

you people are completely insane. you’re comparing soros getting better investment returns than someone else, to collaborating with Nazis?

Ill ask again...what are you afraid will happen to you, if you admit that a normal person would feel some guilt for choosing ( even under godawful threats) to collaborate with Holicaust perpetrators? Do you think you’d die if you admitted he has a screw loose?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How did Soros make a billion dollars in a day?
Others lost.
He's a trader, not an investor.
George Soros is most famous for his single-day gain of $1 billion on September 16, 1992, which he made by short selling the British pound. At the time, England was part of the European Exchange Rate Mechanism, a fixed exchange-rate system that included other European countries. The other countries were pressuring England to devalue its currency in relation to the other countries in the system or to leave the system. England resisted the devaluation, but with continued pressure from the fixed system and speculators in the currency market, England floated its currency and the value of the pound suffered. By leveraging the value of his fund, Soros was able to take a $10 billion short position on the pound, which earned him $1 billion. This trade is considered one of the greatest trades of all time, and Soros is often credited as the man who broke the Bank of England.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin