View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #37
JohnnyD

You're absolutely right. In my haste to get the post up before having to do something at work, I didn't elaborate clearly.

Fortunately, spence knew what I meant and filled in the holes I clumsily left out. Which I appreciate.

I completely agree Mike. In 2008, religion shouldn't even be a second thought. Personally, I don't care the religion of a person as long as they do the job appropriately and with my best interests in mind. It has been a long time since that's happened though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Isn't that his full name?

Dwight David Eisenhower, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson, Richard Milhous Nixon, Gerald Rudolph Ford, James Earl Carter, Ronald Wilson Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush, William Jefferson Clinton, and George Walker Bush. That's all from memory witout a Google search. Historically, Presidents are identified by their full name--the recent exception being Harry S Truman who didn't have a middle name--the S stood for nothing.

If he wins, likely the oath of office will start out "I, Barack Hussein Obaba, do solemnly swear.....". It's a tradition that the full name is used.

Hillary Rodham Clinton is fine and dandy, and Barack Hussein Obama isn't? Why not?

The guy says he's a Christian. I'll take him at his word, although why it should matter is a mystery. I thought we put the religion of our candidates behind us by 2008