Thread: Outdoor Shower
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Osterville Cottage Eddie. LOL, Yeah my torch was a crappy one and works good with copper but the brass requires more heat so I had to heat for an extended time and even with an alum sheet in between, thus the well done shingle . It will fade away eventually or I'll replace. No comment on the custom brass clamps and anchors. The whole unit will come right off for winter storage.
Larry I got all the cedar at Atlantic fence supply in Raynham, route 44. Tons of stock. Not cheap though. That is why I used PT for the frame and base, base covered in cedar, as the big stuff is outrageous. I priced 8' length of fence and this was pretty much same price but this allowed me to create what I wanted. Use carriage bolts for frame and all stainless screws, which are not cheap either. Trim still to go for finishing touch. It is truly awesome to shower outdoors.

It is actually against the the law on cape to have an outdoor shower but they don't enforce it as pretty much everyone had or has one. They worry about ground water contamination, which I really don't understand. Just grey water. they want it put into septic but no one does.

Here you go Bruce, door
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7090042.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	56595  

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote