View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #20
bassackward

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I was a big fan of Nazareth when I was in High School...not a lot of fans out there for them

Thin Lizzy was another one.....a lot of great music but don't seem to hear much about them.

In the Three Dog Night vain I always liked a lot of America's Music.....as well as The Guess Who
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Howz about Styx......There 1st few albums were awesome,.....up until Dennis Deyoung decided he wanted to hop on a comet or something weird like that.

The Grand Illusion was a great album.

Also Supertramp.....Breakfast in America was another Phenomenal Album
Kevin, now I know why I gravitate to you at PISC meetings, we have very similar tastes with the older music. Old Supertramp, Styx, Thin Lizzy, and Nazareth I have had on 8-track, lp, and CD. It's funny, once these bands started to be noticed, I began to like them less. Rush was like that for me too. Once they went too Synth, I lost interest. I used to like the old Elton John stuff too, that is until he was to poofta for my taste. Also, J. Geils was good until thier Centerfold album, and then it felt like they sold out. However, I appreciate it now.

How about old Tull, scorpions, UFO, Montrose, etc.?

I also auired a taste for anything by Dylan and Jerry Garcia as I aged a little and appreciated more than just Heavy metal.

bassackward
John from Billerica

A wise old man once told me"It's better to wet your line than wet yourself"
bassackward is offline   Reply With Quote