View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #79
Jim in CT

I watched some of the speech again, and the democrats' reactions (mostly sitting there scowling, looking angry and sullen).

I have a LOT of issues with Trump. But I will say this, I have never seen anyone better, at making his opponents look stupid. There are times when Trump is the one who looks ugly, no doubt. But more often than not, he makes laughing stocks out of his adversaries, which makes them hate him more, and he loves it.

He praises a little boy for setting motion an effort to put thousands of American flags on the graves of deceased vets, and there are the Democrats, sitting there looking angry. He praises black unemployment being low, and there are the democrats, including the congressional black caucus, looking pissed.

You watch that, and unless you are a committed liberal, you ask yourself...what do these people stand for, and who do they represent? I think their entire political identity and agenda can be reduced to this...they hate Trump. And that's it. That's all they have. They have gone all-in on hating Trump, all their eggs are in that basket.

It may be enough to take back the house. Or it may blow up in their faces. If their entire political strategy is to say "I hate the guy who helped increase the size of your paycheck", America might not give a rat's azz.