Thread: OBL(UBL) Killed
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #50
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
Speaking of slippery, slithery...

That mission accomplished sign was just a fashionable use in the art of power, not in the philosophy of any truth. Bush learned well. As to those who seem unwilling to acknowledge this, this is a nuisance. The philosophy of truth is at times an impediment to gaining and using power. And then truth becomes secondary to power. In your case it is the power of pursuasion. Your ability to make falsehood into a shining city on a hill to the audience is commendable. Nevetheless, I am unconvinced that your "mission accomplished sign" statements are nothing more than post hoc rationalization.
Nevertheless . . . I am unconvinced that your "mission accomplished sign" statement in response to my "mission accomplished sign" statement, which was in response to zimmy's "mission accomplished" sign statement, which was also responded to by Jim in CT's "mission Accomplished" sign statement which were all "post hoc" rationalizations of previous abundant "post hoc" statements and rationallizations and interpretations and refutations and mocking insultations and repudiations or reconfigurations of an original easily explained (and was) "mission accomplished sign" that was a "nuisance" to Bush haters who needed to conjecture an assault on the "philosophy of truth" to deny him a moment of victory so that the simple truth of the "mission accomplished" sign became secondary to belittling his power, and this never ending saga of meanings for the "mission accomplished sign" has cascaded and slithered all the way into your falsehood that I made a shining city on a hill . . . nevertheless, I am unconvinced that you said anything of substance.

What "mission" do you rationalize that the sign referred to and what actual evidence do you have of that?

Last edited by detbuch; 05-04-2011 at 12:56 AM..