View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #81
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Take out the donations that don't go for those things and the results would be vastly different. "

Here is what the New York Time shad to say...

"if donations to all religious organizations are excluded, liberals give slightly more to charity than conservatives do. But Mr. Brooks says that if measuring by the percentage of income given, conservatives are more generous than liberals even to secular causes."

So according to the NYT, removing donations to churchjes (even if that's appropriate, which I would say it's not), that doesn't make conservatives out to be the heartless penny pinchers you wish they were. Ignoring donations to churches, if you look at donations relative to income, conservatives are still more generous. So as a % of income conserv. are more generous. 2 things 1) that would imply cons. make less $. That has been stated here frequently but I could never varify that. 2) When someone here points out that the US is not the most generous nations to various charities, people alwasy say it isn't the % of GDP or some other measure that matters but total $s. "Without knowing the data or criteria that was used in the development of the ranking, you came up with an off the wall response. "

Funny, you criticize me for speculating about the criteria that went into the poll of best states. Yet you are more than comfortable speculating that "health" was all that matters.

How come you can specuate, but I can't? Sorry, what's good for the goose...
I never said that health is all that matters but many polls view liberal states are better bc of health. If someone conducts a survey using lower tax rates as a criteria, then I'm sure cons. states would come out on top.
You where the one who initiaially responded to Spence's post with the idea (speculated?) that those states had more whites, not me. You even said something about correlation when infact as I said, correlation not does imply causation.