View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"YOur equating anarchists with the Dems. That is who was rioting in Ca."

Are they general kind of anarchists? Meaning, if Rachael Maddow was invited to speak, would they riot?Who cares about Rachael Maddow. Until the Dems. elect her President, I could care less as I've haven't seen her for more than 15 min. total in the last year.

Paul, when your side's nominee calls people on my side deplorable, racist, homophobe, Islamophobe, Xenophobe, it emboldens these kooks.So you think I can't pull up things Trump said that are insulting? how about Steve Bannon?

"And Hillary said she was sorry right after that comment"

Correction. She said she was sorry after she saw the impact of that comment in her polling. That was not an off the cuff comment, it was a scripted speech. Obviously she believes it.No, it was the very next day. She did get some well deserved criticism for her comment. She said that she should not have said "half".

"So who won the popular vote?"

That's because of who my side nominated - unfortunately, we nominated an a-hole. Before the election, two-thirds of the country thought we were headed in the wrong direction. Paul, the GOP controls the Oval Office, both houses of Congress, and a large majority of state governorships and state legislatures. On Obama's watch, liberals now hold the smallest number of state & federal elected offices, since the Civil War ended. What does that tell you?

"Liberals move to the cities"

Good. They deserve the cities.Great places to be. Driving the economy, centers of culture, great restaurants (you should try New Haven - fantastic rest. even though you hate it) Most of the great universities are in/near those cities. Look at where the economy is best in a lot of those Red states. In NC it is CHarlotte that has all the growth and vitality.

"If not for our election system set up, who would be Pres"

If my aunt had testicles, she would be my uncle. Again, look at the makeup of Congress, and of the 50 state governments. What does that tell you?
That the Ds move to the cities/coasts and R move to the rural areas.

Last edited by PaulS; 02-03-2017 at 02:50 PM..