View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 05:35 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It is a surprise that Jim has decided to risk his family by staying in CT rather than embracing the culture of SD. Hmmmm.

Not so shocking is his not understanding the fact that folks in SC got shot up in church by a white guy. Yes Jim, black people go to church. Oh,and no it did not save them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'll try to respond with civility as the boss asked.

Dangles, first, if I (or anyone) says something like "poor blacks commit crime", I'm not saying that every single poor black person is a criminal, nor am I saying that 100% of crime is committed by such people. Are you familiar with what a "generalization" is?

"It is a surprise that Jim has decided to risk his family by staying in CT rather than embracing the culture of SD. Hmmmm."

OK, so because I don't live in SD, that means I can't say that the crime is low there, even when every statistic shows that? Why is that? You might notice I don't live in Chicago or DC, either. CT, except for the cities controlled by liberals (New Haven, Bridgeport, Hartford) is very safe. In those big cities, the libs have worked their usual magic, and they are uninhabitable and crime-ridden.

"Not so shocking is his not understanding the fact that folks in SC got shot up in church by a white guy"

I understand it perfectly. Why is it pertinent here? Did I ever imply that nothing bad ever happens in church?

"Yes Jim, black people go to church. Oh,and no it did not save them."

Again, I would be very interested for you to tell us, what I have ever said, which implies I believe that nothing bad happens to people who go to Church. Bad things happen to those who go to Church. And going to Church certainly is no guarantee that one will never commit a terrible crime.

I don't live in SD. But guess what? I am aware, and I can say with perfect validity, that violent crime is pretty close to zero there (despite the fact that guns are everywhere), and most people who live there, will tell you that religion has a lot to do with that. You are denying that, because it's not convenient to your current beliefs. That's your issue, not mine.