Thread: $5 & $7
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 08:02 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if the cost of the vehicle is high, the vehicles need to be charged frequently,,and there a big shortage of the cheaper fuel ( electricity) any business is going to think twice. duh.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
They already have

UPS
Our global fleet includes over 13,000 alternate fuel and advanced technology vehicles, including more than 1,000 electric and plugin hybrid electric vehicles on the road – an essential part of our plans to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and achieve 40% alternative fuel in ground operations by 2025.

The Freightliner eMobility team is proud to produce the first medium-duty Freightliner electric truck—the eM2—a 100% battery electric box truck entering production in 2022, with zero emissions.

Walmart goes EV in building out last-mile delivery fleet

Retail giant taps GM’s BrightDrop for 5,000 electric vehicles

Kenworth Truck Company is a US truck manufacturer and subsidiary of PACCAR that also owns big names like Peterbilt Motors. The Seattle-based tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g company specializes in Class 8 heavy-duty and Class 5-7 medium-duty commercial vehicles, bringing nearly 100 years of experience to the table.

In 2021, Kenworth entered production of a new “E” line of all-electric trucks including K270E K370E medium-duty models, and the Class 8 T680E that was recently showcased in Las Vegas at CES 2022.

With a growing lineup of battery electric trucks being produced, interest from commercial customers has continued to grow as they discover the benefits to total cost of ownership for electrified fleets.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin