View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I work for myself and it has been very slow for nine weeks. A couple half day jobs, half a dozen bids, and some shop work has been it during that time. Driving around and talking at the lumber yard it seems it has been mostly big projects getting underway. But the phone has begun to ring, so have next week booked and am bidding a kitchen and a bath.
Norm, if you have a truck or a van, I would urge you to have it lettered or get a magnetic sign made. That visibilty and site signs have helped. Since you were laid off, you don't have a noncompete... so make a list of all the jobs you can remember and somehow let them know how to reach you now. I'm doing a mailing to past clients in the next two weeks to keep me in mind for any and all projects they may be considering and enclosing a business card. My sign and lettering girl is bombed with work from guys laid off and going out on their own. She is getting calls to do boats already too.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote