Thread: Charlottesville
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 07:47 AM   #77
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The same folks who condemn The Cheato for not using strong enough language regarding the latest struggle were silent when Obama refused to single out radical Islamic terrorism. Funny how convenient it becomes when it suits the agenda ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well that is not fair. Everyone knows Obama, the pillar of repeatable integrity, would quickly call out terrorism when it was likely/possibly Islamic Extremism at the last possible moment, just like when police officers act stupidly. But then again, it really is not fair to cherry pick examples like I just did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Funny some people are more upset over Kaepernick .. And I see no support for him exercising his 1st Amendment rights .. but Nazis thats different ... the problem is you thought this was never a problem .. theses people have always been around in the shadows as I said some blame O for BLM but wont hold the Cheeto same standard ..
1A is not that and you know better. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

Kaepernick was not arrested nor detained. He has been praised by some, criticized by others, as a result of his actions. Like the Nazis, CK was exercising his 1A rights - should he be denied them? If he chooses not to be peaceful, and same for Nazis or Antifa, he should be considered a candidate for arrest and charges.

Nazis, WhiteNats, as abhorrent as they are, do have the right under the Constitution to peacefully assemble and they were doing their "redress of grievances". The same rights that BLM, World Without Police, and the Antifa Communists that ironically would impose a state that prevents freedom of speech and liberty.

When we allow politicians and groups with agendas to start picking and choosing what citizens are offered Constitutional protection and what citizens are not, we have failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
were they protesting in the name of Christ?...musta missed that
Some were protesting that way and some have that as part of their core belief.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: