View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #7
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim sylvester View Post
i second that
...Add a third to that, too.

Kastmasters have nowhere near the action that Pt Jude does - and Joe has re-introduced pretty much the entire line which fits every baitfish profile there is.

I like - and use - the Nautilus, the Sea Scallop and the Butterfish - also had very good luck with the new Golden Mullet this year during the mullet run, but it's also available in silver. I also use the Black Knight series and a teaser up front at night when there's smaller baitfish around like Habs used to.

Ya know, all the old-timers used tins a lot in many situations - mostly because they work like very few other things will. You can really punch them into a good headwind when the bass are in the wash.

***BTW, this is an unsolicited testimonial - if more guys realized how well they work around here they'd use 'em more just like they do in NJ - which is BIG on tins for a good reason. And Joe's a helluva nice guy to boot - he's pretty meticulous about his stuff, uses VMC's and HD split rings too - and Joe has his little brother Jeff - - tying the bucktails for the VMC's

And the kicker is, they're also less expensive than KM's or Hopkins - a lotta bang for the buck if ya ask me

Try 'em, plugger11 - believe me, you'll like 'em

Last edited by Crafty Angler; 12-16-2008 at 08:08 AM..

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote