View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
FishermanTim

Problem with this kind of thinking is that it's based on enotions more than logic. (Not saying you're illogical by any means).
Here's my take:
You could impose fines, and fines on top of fines, but if the fine revenue isn't directly used for the agency it was generated through, it will be wasted by the governing body of that particular town, city and state. Remember that most income collected by the state goes to fuel the social services and THEN pay salaries for political hacks, teachers and fire and police staff. That creates a shortage of enforement officers on the road, and with that shortage of police visibility, laws are ignored because what are the odds that there is a state trooper of police officer traveling the same road as you on any given day? SO.....with laws being made moot, people spped, drive wrecklessly, drive impaired, drive distracted and law-abiding operaters are now targets!

I can't tell how many times I was in the passing lane, passing at 70 mph in a 60 mph zone only to have multliple a-holes race up behind me and around me doing 90 mph just to get to wherever they are going! I'm sorry, but if I am playing by the rules, and you think I'm not going fast enough, you can just kiss my rear end.....LITERALLY!

Again, I cannot tell how many times some a-hole with a fast car comes facing down the highway, cutting off pretty much everyone in his way, only to get somewhere as fast as possible.

What we need is more strickly enforced EXISTING driving laws, and stiffer fines and penalties to go with them. With the lack of sufficient law enforcement visibility on the roads and highways, all the courts have is "He said, she said" heresay evidence, and the guilty offender ends up with a proverbial "slap on the wrist" for a major speeding infraction or maybe a motor vehicle homicide.

If you did half of the crap our "race driver" idiots do in ME or NH. you'd be facing felony driving charges, yet here in MA you get a warning or no charges at all!