View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #74
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
He will not be as diplomatic to our partners, as they may be used to. That's another valid concern. Trump's approach seems to be, to make people realize that they need his help, and should therefore be willing to put up with his brashness. That attitude has worked for him in previous endeavors. He think sit will translate to international relations. Time will tell.

He doesn't seem to display brashness unless he is provoked to do so. So far he has been very diplomatic. But that cuts both ways. If partners or foes get lippy, they can expect to get some lip back in return. He works cooperatively with his staff. He has done so in his business ventures. He knows how to schmooze. But where do we get this idea that he will set off some nuclear bomb if someone rubs him the wrong way. I just don't get that.

These are valid concerns, I think. But if you watch NBC or CNN, you'd think that Britain had already announced that they signed a treaty with ISIS against the US. And forget about MSNBC, that is a truly deranged place.

Trump would do well do act more adult. And the media would do well to remember why the founding fathers gave their profession special protections that no other profession enjoys, and start living up to that, and earning it.
I agree with that.