View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 04:47 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As we know reading comprehension is not your strong point.

The wealthy and powerful over the past decades have systematically turned our political system into a machine that redistributed our money into their pockets, all while enacting cruel austerity and convincing us government could never possibly make our lives better.

Who owns the formerly small businesses and banks?

It doesn’t have to be like this.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete, when the economy grows, that helps everyone participating in the economy. But it helps the wealthy more, because they have more money to invest.

I own Apple, but not as much as Tim Cook. When Apple goes up by 20%, my shares and his shares improve by the same amount, but he has a million times
more, so he is helped
more. He gets richer relative to me, the income inequality has increased.

And i ask you, so the f—k what? How can you stop that income inequality, and why on earth would you want to stop it?

You want to pass a law that says once your net worth is $25 million, you have to put all your money in a mattress and stop working?

Follow this if you can…wealth is not finite,?it’s not like a pizza. If Oprah earns another million today, that does t mean there’s a million less for you and i to scrounge for.

The existence of wealthy people
is a good thing. They pay a ton of taxes, they spend a lot, they invest a lot, they give a lot to charity. All of which eases the burden on the rest of us.

Democrats never tire of creating false monsters, and naturally the only way to deal with those monsters, is to give democrats more power. The solution to every single problem, is to give democrats more power.

I suggest you’d benefit mightily from taking an adult education course in economics.

Do you know which party Wall Street now gives most of its political
donations to? And the Big Tech behemoths?

In any event, this was all a desperate attempt by you to distract away from
the fact that. idea said something incredibly stupid and dishonest. You can’t just concede that, you aren’t capable of it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-27-2021 at 04:52 PM..