View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #22
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Fine, let use the cost angle alone.

You love to use the analogy of the increasing taxes to pay for the unions and public workers you clearly demise. Joe taxpayer has a budget, then his taxes double and he can't afford his house anymore, sound familiar?

Lets flip the coin. These people have budgets and expenses etc.. and the govenor et al., want that to change significantly, drasticly increasing their costs to what you pay in the private sector. (FWIW, We have family benefits from a private insurer. We don't pay anywhere near 30-40% of health care costs. When my son was born the largest bill was for the cable in the hospital room.)

How do you expect the teachers to react? Oh no problem, we'll jump onboard. No, they will try and fight for what they percieve to be right. I forgot, your wife, when she goes back to taching will take the pension in the meantime because it is whats best for your family, while lobbying for it to change to a 401K.

I'm not saying either side is right, but it doesn't make either side wrong. Joe blow losing his house because taxes went up, ot Joe teacher losing their house because their health care costs went up.

then again, all those teachers are rich grady-white owning scam artists anyways

have a good weekend.

And JohhnyD, I like your posts, but if you really believe most teachers work shorter days, comeone... less days, yes, shorter, not really, and I'm a property owning, kid having left center liberal, where does that put me?
I do not know where you live, but, a teacher is not losing their home where I live and properties are not cheap here. The teachers here go to a 2nd job for the summer, at least those that want to work.

I exspect them to act sencesibily. When most Americans in the private sector pays 60/40 for health insurence, they should have no qualms paying 12-14 percent.

I do not pay 30-40 percent either, the company that I work for pays the whole premium, I do pay the first 1,000.00 of a hospital bill visit and the insurence pays everything else the rest of the year. My first visit this year cost 6,000, I paid the 1,000, my second visit the other day was 3,000.

In Wisconsin the average pay is 68,000 and with benifits is 86,000 not bad for 180 days. When I went to school 180 days is a half year, maybe you use modern math today.

I have expenses also and I do not sleep on the job for 24 hours like a fireman and then go to my day job for the next three days before retuning to my fire job get hurt on the day job and claim it on my city job.