View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #46
beamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I work in a drug tested position as well......don't see why people can't enjoy life the way they want.

...IMHO I feel Alcohol is far more destructive than weed.

I've seen quite a few people turn into raving A-holes when drinking....never seen a stoned guy try and take on a whole bar before. Take on a whole pizza before, absolutely, just not a whole bar
I hear what your saying TDF. I work on ships and over the years have seen a number of people have to fly home due to popping positive on a random test. Many times this was because someone enjoyed themself the month before when not even working onboard at the time, but still in your system. Unfortunately when you job is at stake it is a whole different thing. As you know it is not just weed, but every other thing they test for too. That is why I guess lots opt for the drugs that don't stay in your system as long.

On the ship we don't refer to these as random drug tests. It is a test in stupidity. Your judgement isn't too good if your willing to sacrifice your livelyhood for at least a year before the Coast Guard gives you your papers back.

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote