View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I would never say no to anyone if they came in and asked me to make something that I make all the time. If it is something that I don't make, then I might say no because I just can't make it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And that's your right - you have the right to decide whether or not to say 'no'. The baker has teh same right.

It's easy to demonize this man Eben. Try something harder...try telling me why the Bill Of Rights, and the freedom of religion contained therein, doesn't apply to him.

We don't get to selectively decide who is protected by the Bill Of Rights, depending upon the ideological agenda that's popular at that moment.

And let me remind you that personally, I support gay marriage. But more than that, I support our constitution, and I don't like it when judges ignore sections of it that they don't happen to like. If we give judges that power, then maybe someday, someone will decide that the constitution doesn't apply to you. I wouldn't like that any more than I like this.

If this judge wants to be a gay rights activist, that's a noble thing, but he cannot do it when he's sitting on the bench. The concept of 'justice' demands that he put his personal agenda aside when he's wearing that robe. His only agenda is supposed to be the law.