View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 12:20 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess you would have to say it is bc Repub. have no use for minorities. Why else would the Repub. do it if there is no fraud?

What did the judge who threw out the NC law say - something like it targeted African-Americans with almost surgical precision. The only reason to do it would be to depress black turnout at the polls.

Yup, they should try conservatism
"I guess you would have to say it is bc Repub. have no use for minorities"

Yes, you would say that. And it's laughable. I wonder, then, why George Bush heroically rammed his AIDS relief plan through Congress, and is credited with saving over one million lives of AIDS patients in Africa? Or why he promoted Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, and Colin Powell?

"Why else would the Repub. do it if there is no fraud?"

One reason is because there is, in fact, some fraud. Not a lot, naturally. But not "no fraud", either.

"it targeted African-Americans with almost surgical precision"

But WHY??? I honestly want to know, because I have no idea, why this is more of a burden for blacks than it is for other races? Why? If blacks can go through the same process to get an id, but freely choose not to, is THAT racist? Just because voter id laws reduce black voting turnout more than they restrict white voter turnout, that doesn't mean it's racist. It could mean that whites are more likely to care enough about voting, to go through the hassle of getting the id. If the process is more burdensome to blacks, that's racist. If it's not more burdensome for blacks, that means they are freely choosing not to get the id, which would not be racist.

"they should try conservatism "

Tell the blacks in Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, Chicago, Milwaukee, Baltimore, and St Louis, that liberalism has been a positive influence. My God, how could it be worse?

Paul, here is the thing...Bill Clinton did a lot of the economic things that conservatives endorse...he kicked millions of blacks off welfare. Do you know what happened? They went to work. And he is a liberal hero. But if I suggest the same thing, his wife says I am a racist. If you can explain that hypocrisy, I would love to hear it.