View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Being an actual liberal is good whether you are young or old or in between. Who we refer to as "Liberals" today are not liberal. They are the leftist Progressives. They subscribe to Progressive ideology which is authoritarian in nature, not liberal.
Where do Libertarians fit in this equation?
How is Islam any different from any other religion, or Catholicism for that matter which has it's own state and sole leader on earth. When I was a kid some people were concerned about electing a Papist as president. That was JFK. There are sects in many religions that I have no use for and that most of the practitioners of the more mainstream parts would disavow. People twist the Koran, Bible, Torah to fit their views.
Who fought the Crusades, brought Christianity to the rest of the World, willingly and unwillingly and lots of other things in the name of their God. I think it is a case of let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin