Thread: Latest Protests
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I'm sure I don't need to remind you guys but rioting and looting and poor black neighborhoods isn't a new phenomenon . I'm sure we can all recall what happened with Rodney King . That was 1992, so yes they happened before Obama . But I really thought we were on the mend. I believe most of it is media driven. All you have to do is watch CNN.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
We have never achieved perfect harmony. But we were not nearly this racially divided during the Clinton or Bush years.

Clinton's term saw little division, racial or otherwise (I never, ever felt like he despised everyone who didn't vote for him).

Same for the first few years Bush's presidency. Then the Iraq War became unpopular, and liberals went berserk with hatred of Bush. Worse, when liberals wanted out of Iraq, Bush not only didn't withdraw, but he forced the dems in the Congress to support the Surge, which worked. That made the liberals hate him even more.

Looking for a way to win, liberals figured out that if instead of uniting us, if they divided us into different buckets, and made people in each bucket despise each other, they could cobble together enough victim groups to equal 51% of the voters. Having had some early success with that strategy, they are sticking with it.

Look no further for proof, than this ridiculous myth that white cops routinely go out hunting for young black men. Yes, even one murder by a police officer, is one too many. But even though that almost never happens, it gets all of the media attention. Despite the huge numbers of blacks getting killed by other blacks, that problem gets little attention. Because it doesn't support The Narrative.