Thread: Latest Protests
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #41
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
White people riot all the time, hell I've been tear gassed in a riot before.
I'm thinking you were probably just peeling an onion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think you guys are also missing the point that a big reason people flip out when it looks like the killing was justified is a lack of trust in the police by some minority communities.
Nobody here is missing that, what your missing is that leadership is not trying to reverse that lack of trust. Obama says dumb things and does dumb #^&#^&#^&#^& when it comes time to lead in areas of racial tensions.

Add the fact the media likes to sensationalize stories and create added tension, and you end up where we are today.

Take the shooting in Tulsa. CNN ran the story with one picture, the guy with his hands up like he was doing nothing wrong and got shot. Everybody gets fired up OMG the police shot an unarmed man who had his hands up.

But if you look at the video, which wasn't linked in the story. It shows the police multiple times yelling at him to stop as he walks back to his car, then he puts his hands down and it looks like he is reaching for something....that's when he got shot. To late though....the damage has been done and social media is on fire.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."