Thread: Latest Protests
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #54
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I have seen surveys that said that almost 1/2 of Repubs. believe Pres. Obama was a Muslim and/or born outside the US. There was 0 proof of that.

I agree anyone running for office should provide the proper docs. So do you think Pres. Obama was elected Pres. w/o having to provide those docs. and if so, w/o anyone reviewing those docs. or looking into his background? I can't imagine that. He was on the Senate Foreign relations committee. I'm sure he was briefed by our intelligence agencies. I would think they would have looked into his background bf those briefings.

I'd be interested in Dennis' thoughts.
I have heard of rumors of studies that state all whites are rassist. I do not believe it to be true.

I have heard rumors of 30% of democrats think the moon landings were faked, pot is good for your lungs, and hemp is indeed the miracle technology of the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you should check with Hillary and friends...pretty sure she gave rise to the birther phenomenon..she might have your answers as to why there was ever a question....
Queue Sidney Blumenthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Why does it bother you that I bring it up? And what is the time limit on bringing something up with you not liking it? Does Hillary's sniper comment get an exemption?

I bring it up BC almost 50% of the Republicans believed in it and I think it had/has a huge amount to do with the current racial climate.
I thought the current racial climate was because white cops were indiscriminately killing unarmed peaceful black males?

(and just to be clear, I try not to jump to any conclusions on soemthing like this until more facts are known - as we know most first reports are generally wrong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
White people riot all the time, hell I've been tear gassed in a riot before. They just do it for superficial reasons and not perceptions of inequality.

I think you guys are also missing the point that a big reason people flip out when it looks like the killing was justified is a lack of trust in the police by some minority communities.
I have not seen many white people riot all the time. Short of TV I have not seen many people riot at all. Not something I participate in - rioting. Something I do hope people participate in, allow the judicial system to do its work. Some of the examples that have incited protests have been legit, some have not. Cool heads have not prevailed in the heat of the moment and more of our kids are getting hurt as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not sure, I know my university riots were pretty conservative.
Did you go armed in school with a Dildo to protest Concealed Carry? Would you have for the chicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Because I'm bored, as you know, I have been googling trying to find a college riot that involved conservatism . So far zip ... But if you want some funny reading, look up Forbes 2015 top ten ridiculous college riots .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Hillarious

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: