View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #115
spence

Welcome to the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There are different "we" with different opinions of who we are. "We" don't have as unified opinion of who we are as the opinion Muslims, aparently, have of who we are.
This statement implies there's a unified Islamic position as to what America is. This clearly is not the case. Hell, there isn't even a unified Islamic position as to what Islam is.

Quote:
Politicians for or against the mosque can be accused of exploiting both controversies for political gain. But that would be a gross generalization. And the pastor's stunt could well have been an Alinskyish tactic of provoking the enemy into its typical peaceful behavior of rioting or killing.
I'm not aware of much mosque support intended for political gain, given some polls it could bring political pain.

But your comment makes me think...Is a poor, uneducated teenager in Afghanistan who perhaps doesn't even have a choice to participate in a protest against Americans burning the Koran...the ENEMY?

I guess he is if you want to make it be.

Note to all: A very good book -> http://www.amazon.com/Way-World-Stor.../dp/0061430625

Quote:
Wow! Talk about gross generalizations!
I think the politicization of this issue by the Right has been pretty clear.

Quote:
What is it, again, that we are supposedly preaching?
We preach the rule of law, respect of life etc... which from another perspective we don't seem to follow.

Quote:
Gee Spence, for someone who is as familiar and approbative of Alinsky tactics as you are, how do you fail to see how Obama's team have infiltrated the fringe right, posing as right wingers blaming Islam for all our ills instead of blaming Obama?
I don't think Dems in general have the stones to pull it off.

-spence