View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 09:38 PM   #88
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Trump made his inflammatory remark about banning Muslims on December 7th, the video you're linking to was released on November 24th.

As Buckman said, you really failed to get the point. Or maybe it's just another one of your straw man tactics--setting up a disparity in dates as if that was the issue and distracting from or evading the point being made. Or maybe just another instance of your not paying attention, or poor reading comprehension, or failure to grasp what's in front of your nose. Or maybe you just don't want to grasp it. As Buck said, love is blind.

The point, as I said, is that it is an actual ISIS recruiting video (not a hypothetical or non-specific one a la HRC's accusation against Trump), and it had nothing to do with Trump (he has been saying insulting things about Islam and ISIS before November 24--pay attention). And the video featured, among others, her hubby and Obama as "recruitment tools."

As I pointed out in an earlier post, if Trumps proposal is supposed to be a "recruitment tool" for ISIS, Obama's words and actions, should be more so. The pot calling the kettle black thing, except the pot is blacker here (no pun intended). And this actual ISIS recruiting video proves that point. Hillary or Obama using the "recruitment tool" meme is either hypocritical or ignorant. Or worse, a rhetorical distortion (lie?) for political purposes.

This actual recruitment video also points out what I've said several times before, that so-called radical Islam is not so much a response to what we say or do, but is driven by a desire to restore the power and dominance of fundamental Islam--no matter what we say or do.

Your rhetoric is just as bad as Trump. Keep it up and perhaps you've got a shot at making the next video?
THE next video? See, this intentionally myopic focus on a video now and then when it suits a political tactic, blinds us to the hundreds, maybe thousands, of insulting anti-Islamic videos that have been made and are being made. Countless insulting words have been said. Untold actions, military, political, or otherwise have been done. Picking one of these out every now and then as some singular "recruitment tool" is on the wrong side of stupid. Or an insidious political "tool."

And, actually, my rhetoric has been intrinsically far more complimentary and truthful re fundamental Islamism than the pap put out by those who try to frame true Muslims as just being regular folks like the rest of us in the West. Viewing them through our liberal secular lens thus equating their hopes, dreams, desires to ours is viewing a myth. Through the lens of fundamental Islam, that is a pathetic insult. They are superior to us. We can be equal to them only if we convert. Then we will no longer see through a glass darkly. We will see the truth, the correct path provided by Islamic scripture and Sharia.

I disagree with their view, but I have said that they are holding true to their belief. That they are not little puppets to what they consider our corrupt way of life. They are far more insulted by what they consider a condescending view of them as just regular and equal folks to and like the rest of us than they are by some video. And it must be extremely offensive to them to be depicted as maniacs who go about killing and destroying simply because they are irrationally angry over videos, rather than rationally doing what their religion, their law, tells them to do.

I think this recruitment video demonstrates much of that.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-21-2015 at 09:53 PM..