View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #90
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The point, as I said, is that it is an actual ISIS recruiting video (not a hypothetical or non-specific one a la HRC's accusation against Trump), and it had nothing to do with Trump (he has been saying insulting things about Islam and ISIS before November 24--pay attention). And the video featured, among others, her hubby and Obama as "recruitment tools."
I doubt many militant Muslims paid much attention to Trump before his recent remarks. That Trump isn't in the video, yet elected politicians are makes perfect sense.

Quote:
As I pointed out in an earlier post, if Trumps proposal is supposed to be a "recruitment tool" for ISIS, Obama's words and actions, should be more so. The pot calling the kettle black thing, except the pot is blacker here (no pun intended). And this actual ISIS recruiting video proves that point. Hillary or Obama using the "recruitment tool" meme is either hypocritical or ignorant. Or worse, a rhetorical distortion (lie?) for political purposes.
Obama is a recruitment tool because we're bombing them.

Trumps remarks don't serve any rational test and they're highly inflammatory, especially to American Muslims. Isn't the point made by ISIS that the Western world is hostile and inhabitable to Islam?

If that's what they want why give it to them?

Quote:
This actual recruitment video also points out what I've said several times before, that so-called radical Islam is not so much a response to what we say or do, but is driven by a desire to restore the power and dominance of fundamental Islam--no matter what we say or do.
I see we've dropped the "they hate us for our freedoms" rhetoric. That's a start...

Quote:
THE next video? See, this intentionally myopic focus on a video now and then when it suits a political tactic, blinds us to the hundreds, maybe thousands, of insulting anti-Islamic videos that have been made and are being made. Countless insulting words have been said. Untold actions, military, political, or otherwise have been done. Picking one of these out every now and then as some singular "recruitment tool" is on the wrong side of stupid. Or an insidious political "tool."
The focus is quite deliberately far sighted. Trump's words aren't a single data point. What the enemy is witnessing are the masses of support for his racist rhetoric. As they say, Trump is a master marketer, he's giving his followers what he thinks they really want.

That this could be the most powerful person in the world must be a terrifying proposition for peace loving Muslims everywhere.