View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I do have evidence, I don't have data. Unskilled immigrants are obviously far more likely to be on welfare because they are unskilled and uneducated. They have children who must go to school, which even liberals know is expensive. And many don't pay income taxes.

This isn't limited to Mexican immigrants, never said it was. I happily concede that European immigrants are also a big financial drain. You have a real habit of "responding" to things that no one has ever said.
Anecdotal evidence is worth as much as fishing reports
I guess you missed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act negotiated by Clinton and Gingrich in 1997
A provision of PRWORA made immigrants entering the United States ineligible for federal welfare funds for five years after arriving in the United States.
Illegal immigrants in 2015 paid 23.6 Billion in income taxes and 9 Billion in Social Security that they can never collect, at least that's what the IRS says. Quite a drain
Did you know, Immigrants start roughly half of the new businesses in the US
Here's a few of the big ones for you
Tesla
Google
Yahoo
Chobani
Panda Express

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin