View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Well, my feeling is when someone calls someone a freak of nature (in reference to gays for example) and if I was gay, I would be insulted.

Are you prejudiced against freaks of nature?

Murray says Blacks are genetically inferior in cognition to whites - so when an advocate of eugenics oriented bigotry appears on campus, is it a wonder that Blacks don't want to hear him.

Blacks are not forced to hear him. Why should anybody deny others, including blacks, the ability to hear him. If they actually listened to what he says, rather than merely believe what some others say about him, they might actually learn something. And they might learn that valid studies, for instance as (https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfreds...sen30years.pdf) show that heredity does play a significant part in levels of intelligence--as they do in just about everything else.

Murray doesn't claim that the difference should be feared or that it makes some racial or ethnic groups generally "inferior" to others. And he doesn't put whites at the top of the IQ ladder. He puts East Asians and Jews significantly higher in IQ than whites. And he says that any racial or ethnic group has a spectrum of high as well as low IQ. He says that the focus in society should not be so much on group differences, but on individual differences. And that all characteristics of a person, not just IQ, should be how we evaluate our associations with others. And that all groups (clans) think that they are superior (more worthwhile being a member of), and perfectly content on being who they are.

Would Hitler had been ok?
I doubt that he would accept a speaking engagement on a present day American university. But if he did, you don't think it would be interesting to hear him speak?

It sounds, from your few words here, that you support shouting down or denying speakers if you don't agree with them.