View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 07:06 AM   #11
Jimbo

I was a sanitation engineer on the Cape for about eight years as a yout and am sort of touchy about the whole trash removal thing (mine is like an art form). I think there's a lot of people who just don't have a clue and think that their taxes pay for the G-men to clean up their mess, or they just prefer to look the other way when their crap's blowing all over the neighborhood. After a high wind on recycling day when I take the dog out it's like a war zone with cans clinking down the street, newspapers in trees and shrubs and a lot of it isn't cleaned up for days.
A number of years back my new neighbor (real nice guy deep down), Zaki the Wacky Paki's trash got raided by a raccoon or something and his crap was spewing out all over in front of his house. Well first his wife left for work, slowed down, looked at it and drove off through it, then he did practically the same thing, but went around. Garbage guys took a lot of it but it was still a mess after. Couple days later they finally cleaned it up and later he told me he called the town and complained that they didn't pick his trash up. I said, "Really? You should have thanked them for as much as they did. Maybe thing about getting some metal garbage cans instead of using laundry baskets." That was all it took, but for some I guess it just doesn't sink in. (Their first snow in the neighborhood was even funnier, picture a family of four, not prepared for winter dress, sneakers, no gloves, out trying to shovel their driveway with boards leftover from when their house was built).
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote