View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Well Pete, in typical fashion, you completely ignored the question in the original post about Foxnews' willingness to let their enormously popular, 8PM host, attack Trump without mercy, and he did it articulately and rationally.

"that women will make him wear glasses? "

Ah. You know Tucker is more honest than you are, and you can't admit it, so you attack him personally. Also in typical fashion.

Even though you ignored my point, I'll address yours...

"What does 1% refer to?"

On a given night, around 3-4 million people watch Fox. The US population is around 325 million. So only around 1% of the US population watches Fox in primetime, the other 99% don't watch Fox, yet liberals and democrats can't stop obsessing over Fox. Is that math going too fast for you?

It has become evident that you will not convince Pete (and a few other regular Trump bashers) with reason and logic. Pete is sympathetic to a prominent reporter on national news suggesting that the FBI should have shut down the "hate speech" at Trump rallies.

Pete doesn't see that his daily anti-Trump rhetoric is loaded with hate. As well he doesn't recognize the same hate that emanates from the late night humor or "comic" shows such as Kimmel, Colbert, Fergusan, Oliver, Noah, Maher, and daytime TV shows featuring people like Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Rachel Maddow, et cetera. He and they, Pete seems to think, are being reasonable, rational, and rather than being rude Trumpicans, they are sophisticated with a deeply superior intellectual style. A style which, in itself, is self-evident as such, as necessarily laden with the actual truth.

Trump speech, on the other hand, don't you see, is crude ergo frightening and hateful. So hateful that it inspires violence. I mean, witness the violent shut downs of hateful Trump "true believers," as Pete calls them, at college campuses or the virulent attempts to shout down speech at Trump rallies. Obviously, the Petes et. al. hate speech doesn't promote such violence. It's the lock-her-up rhetoric that inspires attacks on itself.

No need for the CNN reporter to wonder if people like Comey shouldn't shut down the Pete et. al. folks. After all, their speech is not hateful.