Thread: kavanaugh
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 04:57 PM   #187
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I think your wrong in that this possibly is a second degree sex offense and could have bumped him up to be tried as an adult, but it's a moot point at this point legally. My point was surprise that your ok with a guy being guilty at 17 of committing a second or even third degree sex offense getting nominated and voted to the supreme court.

What Ms. Ford alleges is not specifically a sex act. And as I mentioned there are other mitigating circumstances including first offense, under the influence of alcohol (both parties) and other circumstances which would have required a particularly vindictive judge or prosecutor to bump it to adult court considering the consequences to the future of a minor with no criminal record being convicted in adult court.

Plus, what Ms. Ford provides in detail would not have been enough to press charges.

I guess your moral standards are different than mine, once a scum bag capable of that, down deep your always capable; given the right amount of skiis.

My moral and legal standards don't allow me to call someone a scum bag on hearsay. Nor do I believe that someone having done what he is accused of will always after do or want to repeat such a thing. And when he has 36 years of proper life and superior achievement following what he was supposed to have done, I cannot get myself to call him a scumbag, not morally, legally, or any other way.

And I certainly can't hold Kavanaugh to a higher standard than those politicians who have done worse than he is accused of, even as adults, and while in office, and were still considered not only fit, but highly competent, successful, and admired for their work.

And I don't know what skeletons all the other Justices of the Supreme Court have in their closets. I doubt if they, or if even any, were saints. If the FBI were to fully investigate their intimate pasts, I suspect some bad stuff would be found. But once appointed, and in practice, none seem to be called unfit. Wrong, maybe, but not unfit.

I don't know if my moral standards are different than yours. It may just take more to trigger them.