View Single Post
Old 05-10-2001, 07:05 PM   #24
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

The Wright Brothers were pioneers,
Robert Goddard was a pioneer,
Kelly Johnson was a pioneer (of sorts),
George Washington was a hero as was Martin Luther King.
These were all great men (not neglecting the ladies here, just trying to keep things simple). That's not to say that you will be neither a pioneer or a hero, but I see alot of dreaming and little doing. Don't take this as a challenge to be the first to land a Giant at the Ditch, because it's not.

Howard Hughes was a genius, but the Spruce Goose only flew once for 100 seconds never getting more than a couple hundred feet in the air. It's still rests where it was built, maybe a reminder to those that can't tell the difference between a taste of brilliance and a pipe dream.

A Bluefin can weigh in well over 7-8 times your weight. You cant' swim at 3 miles an hour let alone 30. There is no way that you could put the breaks to a 400 pound tuna by digging in with your Reeboks. It would probably not even realize you are there. Think about you largest fish, what 34 inches you say you got last year on the Reef on your first time fishing eels? Say about a 16-18 pound fish? That was the best fish fight of your young striper career. Multiply that by 22 times.

Quote:
Oh I see how it is. Now I'm fodder on that OTHER site. HA HA. All of you laugh now.
You're the one that keeps getting caught scratching yourself. You're the one that urinates on olive branches handed out by people that were willing to give you a second chance. You're the one suffering from Optical Rectumitis. The only cure for that is to get your head out of your a$$.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: