Thread: Tuna Bags
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
Mr. Sandman

I have 4 fish bags.

One real big one about 40x 90...I only use this a few times a year, you can put like 8 yellowfins in this sucker with a load of ice. or one monster. I don't recall the maker but fishermansoutfitter has them I think. Giant tuna bag. (its big but folds up nicely) and it has a drainplug.

One smaller one that is about 24" x 72' I use this the most...it fits in my in deck hatch and holds ice for days. It will hold most school fish no problem. I have use this now for 3 seasons and they are just starting to show a little wear. This one is made by boone.this has a drainplug as well.

And I have two smaller sea-angler carry fish bags (one med one large)...these are great when you have to transport fish to a weigh station. But I don't keep them onboard. no drains and the construction is not as heavy as the others. But clean when you want to carry a few fish around.

Fish bags are great. I've have been on other peoples boats and have brought my "body bag" and everyone who has used them has gone out and bought their own afterwards.

They clean up nice, and store more easily then a cooler. also they are more flexible. You can open some of them up completely like a blanket. They are highly insulated and hold ice very well. Your catch will be well chilled. You can pack the cavity and put the intire fish in the zip it up and leave it in the sun. The fish will be really chilled.

The downside...
When you have a big fish, or a several fish in a big bag with ice, it is next to impossible to pick up the entire bag and put it in your truck like a big yeti. Also I don't think they are as rugged as a yeti, you can rip one with a knife or something sharp.

But they work very well. My favorite is the large boone bag, it is not the best in terms of quality or the largest size but it is a great size for my boat. Great to have on the boat. If you are only after giants, get the real big bag

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 12-14-2012 at 09:42 AM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote