View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #118
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, of course, suggests that conservatives doubt Obama's Christianity because his middle name is Hussein. As usual, Spence ignores the facts that make Obama look awful, and instead he demonizes the opposition by calling us bigots. I don't care what Obama's middle name is. If Obama's spiritual advisor, for his entire adult life, was a guy who peddles in hate, don't tell me you're a Christian unless you completely renounce everything you heard for the last 20 years, and Obama hasn't done that.
Actually you're wrong again. Obama did very publicly denounce the fringe things that Rev. Wright has said...

I've read much of what Wright has preached and as I've written in previous threads much of the criticism is either lacking context or doesn't get the tenor of some black churches that which can admittedly sound angry at times. I'll tell you this, Rev. Wright can keep your attention. Yes, there are comments like the AIDS claim which is widely believed in black communities.

Obama has denounced this.

He did stand behind Wright as a spiritual adviser as Obama has said he never personally heard the worst inflammatory remarks. I do find it interesting that after 20 years of sermons all his critics could come up with were a handful of gotchya's.

To argue that Wright's church wasn't Christian is absurd and ignorant. It's a fixture of south Chicago and works to help the poor and sick in the name of Jesus Christ.

Really, this is just all part of the effort to frame Obama as an "other"...he's a Muslim, no he wasn't even born here, no he's not even a REAL Christian!

-spence