Thread: Good start
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
fishbones

While I applaud these things, I wouldn't go to crazy over them. My company, and I'm sure many others are in the midst of a wage freeze. My pay rate was frozen as of January 1 because of concerns about the economic climate. We froze the wages of every employee in the company, not just the high earning ones, because we thought it was more important to do that than to cut jobs.

As for the transparency of the government, I didn't see any firm plan in black and white. It looks like he is saying that he believes the govenment "should" be more transparent and "err on the side of caution when disclosing information".

Obama is doing and saying things that he knows are going to give him a lot of bang for the buck. Who doesn't want to hear that the government is going to be more transparent and the lobbyists will be reigned in and monitored closely, or the highest earners will not get raises? This is exactly what soccer moms and Joe six-pack want to hear. Whether it really happens remains to be seen.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio