View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Couldn't be more Wrong!!! My best friend served for 2 years as a security guard at Club Gitmo, (I stopped by twice on counter narcotics cruises) and I guarantee most of those guys are not "lacky's", all of the low risk guys were released, around 20 or so of the several hundred, ended up fighting again in Afghanistan one is actually an Al Queda leader in Pakistan (and we thought he was a lacky). The ones we have left are definitely not "Lacky's". If you would like them to be placed in a prison near you, i wish you good luck. And to make it worse, the ones that we will hold here are the ones that nobody else will take. If these guys ever get released they will most definitely find a way to cause harm to us.
You think there's any more risk of a GITMO detainee causing problems or escaping than a regular high-security inmate?

Do these people have super powers, or will they incite a some Jihadi troops to attack the US for their rescue?

You're missing the point.

I didn't say that all those who were left were lacky's, but rather that the easy ones were let go and those that were left we couldn't find a home for. Reread my initial post. That being said, it's easy to want to attack the US or our interests, you just have to do it...that doesn't make you any more dangerous than anyone else who wants to do us harm. If we do have a good reason to believe those left at GITMO are dangerous, then keeping them locked up is probably going to be more of a PR issue than a security issue...as I've already said.

-spence