View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He said he is proposing 1,000 miles and he has said that numerous times. Although he keeps changing his story on the length, height and who and how it will get paid . And he down plays any other solution than a "wall".

So what changed between 2013 and now where 6 years ago the Repub. weren't screaming we needed more walls? Why didn't the Dems. hate the country and want border security then like Trump is constantly screaming now?
"He said he is proposing 1,000 miles and he has said that numerous times. Although he keeps changing his story on the length, height and who and how it will get paid "

True, and this is an annoying trait of his. But he isn't proposing a wall from coast to coast. Only where the agents are telling him a wall will help. So stop saying that there might be areas where a wall doesn't make sense, no one is saying otherwise.

"And he down plays any other solution than a "wall". "

He harps on the wall, because that's the source of disagreement. he always is sure to talk about more agents and better technology.

"So what changed between 2013 and now where 6 years ago the Repub. weren't screaming we needed more walls?"

Here is the difference between you and I. I asked 3-4 times what changed since democrats favored the wall, and you chose not to answer. You asked me once what changed on the GOP side, and I will answer.

In 2006, Bush was President, and he wasn't as serious about the issue as Trump. In 2013, Obama was President, and he also wasn't as militant on the issue as Trump is. Today, the Republicans see that this issue was a huge reason why Trump got elected, and they don't want to be seen as soft. So sure, some of it is purely political posturing.

Now, how many times do I have to ask why the dems flip-flopped on this issue, before you'll answer?