Thread: Do you.......
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #42
Hooper
Southsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
As long as this is a reminiscing thread, I remember eating rock candy that was on a string from a little candy store in Dennis behind Harneys somewhere.

Hey Slip, Would that be The Red Cottage Store (Also owned under the name Gordon's at one time)???

I grew up across the street from there, rode my bike to Harney's, Highbank Bridge, the train bridge that crosses Bass River that you can see from Route 6. Good times...

I was born on the Cape, and aside from an enlistment in the Army where I was station at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii, I have stayed put.

Though not without it's challenges, I still think the Cape is a better place to live than many others, though I believe our public schools are in serious trouble, but another topic for another time.

Locally, I'd like to live on the Vineyard. Almost took a job there in 1996, and I wonder how things would be if I had taken it.

In wintertime, I dream of snook fishing the mangroves around Sanibel and Captiva, and if I had the approval of the Admiral, I might look into making that happen, but for now, the Cape is home and always will be.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote