View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Jim: Simple question.

Has there ever been something that you vehamently disagreed with, that your priest said during mass?

If so would you switch parishes?
"Has there ever been something that you vehamently disagreed with, that your priest said during mass? "

I have never, ever heard a priest say something as offensive as "the federal government invented the AIDS virus to kill blacks". If I heard a priest say that, I'd be gone that second. SURE AS HELL, I wouldn't be calling that kook my spiritual advisor, and I wouldn't let him marry me or baptize my kids.

Rev Wright is not a rogue priest within the Black Liberation Theology religion. He is a hero within that religion.

"If so would you switch parishes?"

Damn right I would. And if the religion believed what the priest said, I'd switch religions.

I'm not brainwashed by Catholicism. I choose to be Catholic because I have decided that Catholicism fits my beliefs. When Catholicism stops fitting my beliefs, I'll stop being Catholic.

For example, I'm not pro-life because I'm Catholic. Rather, I chose Catholicism because I am pro-life. If the church changes its position on abortion, I leave the church, I won't become pro-choice.

I'm not a lemming, and I'm not a hypocrit.